Christmas LightsNovember 30, 2017
The first Christmas lights appeared in 1882, and would forever change the scenery at Christmas time.
Christmas lights were initially available only to the wealthy. But the price fell eventually, and several innovations were introduced.
- Can’t Wait for Christmas: The podcast hosted by Tim Babb, who shared a memory in this episode
- Christmas Ornaments, Lights and Decorations: Book by George Johnson, the expert guest in this episode
Music from this episode
- “Relinquish” — Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
- “Swing Lo” — Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
- “Christmas Piano Theme” — PianoMusic, via SoundCloud
- “Surface Tension 1” —Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
Stay connected to Christmas Past
Be sure to follow Christmas Past on social media. I’m posting fun extra Christmassy content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I also sometimes post things to Pinterest. You can send me messages in any of those places, or you can write me at christmaspastpodcast AT gmail DOT COM. I reply to every email I get!
And please rate and review the show on iTunes. It’s a quick and painless way to show support. It takes less than a minute, and it helps more people find the show.