Most of the classic American Christmas songs come from the 1940s. What was it about that decade that accounts for an explosion of Christmas music that’s stood the test of time? What is it about those songs that sounds so Christmassy? And why are Christmas classics so few and far between in recent generations? Join me and Berklee College of Music professor Chris North to dive in!
Music in This Episode
- “Sleigh Ride” — Marcus Staab, via Musopen
- “Home for the Holidays” — Track Tribe, via Youtube Audio Library
- “Christmas Jazz” — Audio Coffee, via Pixabay
- “171221 – jazz style piano / day / happy / love / life” — WELC0MEИ0, via Pixabay
- “Christmas Magic Night” — Lesfm, via Pixabay
- “Night Jazz” — Music for Videos, via Pixabay