For something so closely tied to Christmas — whose very image and flavor is practically synonymous with the season — it may be surprising to realize that origins of candy canes are something of a sweet mystery.
Thanks to Kirk Vashaw, CEO of Spangler Candy Company, for appearing in this episode.
Be sure to check out the “Definitive Directory of Christmas Podcasts“
Music in this episode
- Shooting Star — Dexter Britain, via Free Music Archive
- Gentle Marimbas — Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
- Early Morning Snow— Chuck Brown, via Feels Like Christmas
- Christmas Eve — Borrtex, via Free Music Archive
- Wish Background — Kevin MacLeod via Incompetech