Get ready for small town Christmases and hometown hunks! Today, we’re looking at made-for-TV Christmas romances, and exploring how and why they’ve become the dominant form of Christmas entertainment in recent decades. Brandon Gray and Alonso Duralde, co-authors of I’ll Be Home for Christmas Movies, help us make sense of it all.
Mentioned in this episode
Music in this episode
- “Hardwood Lullaby” — Blue Dot Sessions, via Free Music Archive
- “Snowy Afternoon” — Borrtex, via Free Music Archive
- “Green Fields” — Scott Holmes, via Free Music Archive
- “Oh Christmas Tree” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “Wish Background” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech